View Single Post
Old 28-08-2018, 04:41 PM #31
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
well that's why I said I found it a bit hard to believe at first but someone actually got sent to prison for it and crimes like that usually have a very low conviction rate so therefore there must have some sort of convincing evidence
...she was convinced by her kidnapper that she was being watched and would be killed if she tried to escaped...which is why she didn’t alert anyo;e or try to when he took her shopping etc...he would have felt fairly assured by then ..she also felt that the only way she could save her own life in the house where he kept her..?...was to get him to fall in love with her...so she basically was manipulating him as well to save her own life, which is understandable and very, very brave...it’s such an horrific story of someone extremely disturbed in her kidnapper that the police did have ‘more than understandable doubts’ about her story...but investigations proved it all to be true..hence the prosecution and prison sentence...I can’t even think what she has gone through, how terrified she must have been ...and then to be ‘tried by media’ herself as well....poor girl...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote