View Single Post
Old 31-08-2018, 03:53 PM #108
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I'm against parrot fashion teaching and reciting artificial psychiatric books (aka the DSM). I'm also against stereotyping and hysterics.

ECT isn't a conspiracy against women. It's used more for depression than any other illness and 2/3 of people with non-bipolar depression are women by chance just like 2/3 of people with schizophrenia just happen to be male. Some illnesses are just more common in particular demographics by chance. That doesn't tell anything about preferential treatment or discrimination based on gender or age.

Why were the huge majority of the ECT patients white kiz? Why so few Jamaicans? Is that evidence of systemic racism or does preferential discrimination only work when your particular demographic's included?

And 12 treatments is the standard needed for it to work though isn't it kizzy. Someone nearer the top of this thread voiced an issue with ECT wearing off if it isn't done enough times and that's why every ECT patient needs at least 12 of them. It's for maintenance as well as acute treatment.

Some of the ECT patients who couldn't give their consent would've been either floridly psychotic or literally at death's door. There's such a thing as temporary mental incapacity however non-PC it sounds to you. And most people who got the treatment benefited a lot from it as I see it. A whole 90% improved or are you willing to overlook that just to make ECT sound like a barbaric practice?

Either make a full argument or humble yourself and learn.
Who said it was a conspiracy against women?... I simply stated that 2/3rds of the study were women.

The participants were referred from clinics, the clients were, I'm presuming the locals within the areas involved.

The number of psychotic people in the study were stated, what would the effects of 12 treatments on someone literally at deaths door incidentally?

If you were to commit to a treatment for around a year as your time frame for treatments and frequency suggests then might there not be some improvement if you undertook anything for that length of time?... exercise? counselling? group therapy?

It appears in the study to have been a raging success.... which begs the question why was there the offer to draw your own conclusion?
Would it not be hailed as a miracle, would all these incapacitated OAPS not be flooding in rapture through the clinic doors, blinking into the sun cured?