View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 05:21 AM #77
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
There's doing the right thing, and being seen to be doing the right thing - often two different things.

A good example was Tila Tequila - they only needed to look at her Wikipedia page to know about her controversies, but still put her in the house. They removed her when she became a problem for their public image.
..it’s not really about that for me, James...it’s more that two wrongs don’t make a right...it’s wrong to put someone in the house whose tweet history contents are that of hate speech, which essentially her tweets are...but it’s also wrong to not do basic search checks which would only take moments ...and those checks then meaning a housemate doesn’t become a housemate in the first place...but BB didn’t do that...they allowed the tweets to be made public almost immediately after launch ...and then ejected Ellis, so basically threw her to the public wolves...and that for me far reaches anything she has said, which it shouldn’t...?...they decided to make her a housemate so they have taken on a duty of care for her which they seem to be completely shirking and dismissing...especially as she is a member of the public and not of any celebrity or wiki status ....anything with Tila was a part of her, a public knowledge part of her as you say...all on wiki so down to the public and the fans to become aware of these public things..but not so with Ellis in the same vein at all...(...although obviously tweets are public..)...so why dont BB make themselves aware of such basic things which they feel will decide whether they then put someone in the house or not...social media can be a huge ‘hate game’ and I feel they have a responsibility to not expose someone to that game that they have made a decision to put into the house....because of their lack of any research...their wrong is far greater than hers I feel in its potential impact on her life...maybe an unpopular thing but I’m feeling they deserve to have been axed...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote