BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Utter utter hyperbole. Noone wants trans people to have to stay indoors. Noone wants them to not have human rights.

The current system is fine. Transwomen can be moved to female prisons if they have a GRC. Which can be gained by having doctors agree you have gender dysphoria. And with a small fee, that is waived if you have a low income. The GRC system was made with it in mind that transsexuals were a very small number of people, it was estimated to help 5000 people. Today, just under 5000 people have a GRC, so its working exactly as intended. But transactivists say that such a small number of people having one is proof its not working, as there are 500,000 'trans' people in the UK. This is with the ever widening definition of trans of course. Not with what people think of when they hear trans...which is transsexual.

No reason at all to change this system, which helps transsexuals, while also keeping out fetishists and such. It puzzled me for a long time why transactivists were fighting for 'self ID'. Until it clicked, that transactivism in its current form is nothing more than a mens sexual rights movement. Now their behaviour and demands make so much sense.
Can you cite this paragraph, Vicky? For my own general research...

Great discussion all around

On what has been discussed so far

It's interesting hearing what others have to say about women's rights. It does make me uncomfortable that other groups have managed to commandeer the cornerstone of Feminism and usurp that voice to play out their own selfish end(s). It's not just an issue with trans activists. It seems like a quite a few interest groups have been seeping into the young women's movement(s) for some time now. Even if in many cases, it's not actually doing actual women any favors... small detail.

The gas-lighting that occurs when a woman of her own volition decides to speak up in criticism of said direction, should be disturbing. I've been watching #walkaway videos on and off. (#walkaway = people who are leaving Democrats/Progressive-ism). There's a fair amount of older women, some who are LGBT, who have long histories of campaigning for women's rights who are now being blackballed by their own interest group. Wha? That should make zero sense to us. Moreover, women are being kicked out of her own movement for not agreeing on non-women's related issues? That women are no longer allowed to be mutual champions of their own cause? They must be questioned? And yet they want to be unquestioned on the public stage when it comes to women's rights?

Imo, a circus it has become, that adopts some strange unconventional philosophy alien to most people. The young particularly, are pressured to buy in it without opposition... I would lose my practical sh** if I were the mother... I don't see how anything healthy for society, much less equity, equality or whatever we want to call these things can ever come from such a situation... so in my view, it's a total dud. A failure.

I think it's gone this way because the only way a fanatics voice can be heard in this environment is to be an ad-hoc for other interests groups who will gladly let them do the dirty work i.e. be the face... meanwhile hurting actual women ... and we can't bring up within the movement itself, as it will invite accusations of major moral failings and to be labeled "definitely not a feminist"... riight... who is gas-lighting who, now?

BTW, my major beef with Self-ID is that it's not practical... imo, the culture is the "mask" in which we view which solutions we should adopt. If it can't work culturally, then it will certainly fail to work in legal... forcing it with law will not force it to work culturally.. maybe with some coaxing on particular issues, we can trick people to go along for a while, but it will be found out eventually... like a lot of things are being figured out now about some of our politics. (well, not even just now, but in general...)

Last edited by Maru; 05-10-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote