View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 12:38 PM #118
0_o

0_o

I don't believe feminism is 'wanting everyone to be equal'. Thats egalitarianism. IMO feminism is a movement about the liberation of female people. Equality (or equity as I posted up thread) is the end goal, but its about female people on the whole. As such the endless calls to centre male people in feminism are bizarre to me. Kind of like how you wouldn't expect black lives matter to be fighting for people who are not black, though they may still care about non-blacks

MRA, as I said...is not someone genuinely concerned for the rights of men. The MRAs I am talking about only make out they care about men as a stick to beat feminists with. Google MRA..tbh. Theres plenty out there that explains it all better than I could

Ammi, sadly cervix havers and menstruators and such is very common language in todays world, where the very meaning of the word woman is apparently offensive. I do think Posie was harsh with India, but again will point out that she was not there to discuss India in the first place, its not about each single transsexual person, and its generally not about transsexual people (especially post op) at all.

I don't class loos as 'safe spaces' either tbh. Loos is just my go to area when discussing these issues because transactivists always drag it back to loos, so its a habit really. Loos is easily solved by chucking money at it, unisex would be fine as long as they are all single contained units like disabled toilets are now. Its changing rooms, refuges and prisons and such where it becomes much trickier, but we are expected to think its perfectly fine to allow any and all males into these female areas, and are bigots if we refuse or bring up potential problems.

As for Bunce, yes he is one person. But thats one woman who did not make the list that should have..all because a bloke who wears a dres 2 days a week is apparently a woman. Again, its not just one example. 2 main ones off the top of my head are the first 'female soldier' on the front line, widely hailed fantastic, but he completed his training as a man and had only started identifying as trans after being caught crossdressing. And when Sharon Maguire should have had an award for the first female director to direct a movie trilogy...the Matrix brothers kicked off. Because they had now decided they were women despite identifying as men while directing the films...so again, a woman has an achievement taken away because of men.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1835...thats-just-one

Yes, 2 men directing films is a crack in the glass ceiling. You couldn't make it up.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-10-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote