View Single Post
Old 23-10-2018, 03:09 PM #490
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
I'm surprised you think that, Dezzy. I'm certain I learnt a bit about American History throughout school, and I think those who are intentionally not ignorant know who Rosa Parks is. I'm confident enough to suggest that I would've been able to explain who she was at Primary School age. Though, there were a few things I wasn't aware of before watching the show (that she was a seamstress, knew Martin Luther King, etc.)

Anyway, I'm absolutely in love with this series. I think Jodie is absolutely fantastic, and I'm fond of all the companions. I think it's a really nice mix. The cinematography is spectacular, and I've enjoyed all three episodes very much. I haven't been able to sit through a Doctor Who episode since S5 (or the 50th special if you count that), so I'm extremely happy that my love for the show has resurfaced. I think Chibnall and everyone else are doing a really good job, there's a sense of excitement and intrigue with each episode, and I like the fact that there isn't an over-riding need to overcomplicate things like before.

I was looking forward to Rosa and it didn't disappoint. Fantastic from start to finish.
Maybe the curriculum has changed in the 12 years since I left school but I've personally never heard of American history being covered in anything other than College and Uni courses related to it. I had to learn everything I know about US history off my own back.

I'd be all for changing the curriculum if it hasn't changed since I was in school. I'd have taken history as an option had it covered more than it did.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote