View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:48 PM #1844
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island

Just finished the premiere episode of Ghost Island. It's my first time watching since I was busy studying at the time, but I did manage to wiki-watch the season and occasionally keep up with thoughts and opinions on here. There's an obvious consensus that the season isn't enjoyable, but I'm trying to go into it with an open mind. However, it was suuuuuch a drag to get through. The cast seems bland, but I'm hoping I'll eventually like a few people who are currently UTR. The general Ghost Island theme is a bit jarring, though I kind of like the nostalgia, having people read out producer's subjective opinions on how idols/advantages were misplayed is really annoying. It definitely seems like it will be a cluster****, and an abundance of idols/advantages in play is destined to be awful.

I'm glad Gonzales was voted off first, she was obnoxious and pompous. Jacob was more likable, but he's not a loss. It was quite amusing to watch him suggest that he was misting Naviti into sending him to Ghost Island, lol. In terms of people I like, it's definitely slim pickings. Stephanie is good to watch so far ("she is. but. is she? re: Michael saying Gonzales is a physical asset to the tribe, lol) but she is toeing the line into horrific gamebot territory. There are definitely more people I'm concerned about (Domenick and Michael, mainly) in terms of people being awful/boring but we'll see.

Hopefully, I can get through it, lol. I haven't watched anything from David vs. Goliath yet either, but I've heard great things so at least I'll have something to look forward to even if GI is terrible.

Last edited by Braden; 09-11-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote