View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 AM #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm pretty comfortable writing off all deliberate violence that is not in self-defence, in all cultures and in all situations, tbqfh. And while I don't think the act itself necessarily comes from a place of laziness... the idea that "I do it cos my parents did it to me, and their parents did it to them, and we're all just peachy", yes, is pretty lazy.

By all means outline to me how and why it is a good idea independently, psychologically and scientifically and then there's a discussion on its merits. "It's just the way we do things!" is none of those things and says absolutely zero about the merits of the practice.
Older generations and people from other cultures where it’s still a thing turn/ed out perfectly okay and have more respect for their elders. Not every opinion needs quantifying and statistical verification but I’d love to see you rebute that last point about respect for elders.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote