Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

The thing is if family does it, we know where they are coming from. With a stranger, it's going to be more dependent on cultural consensus. Well society is leaning a fair distance towards "empathy", which tends to be only a tinge stronger than apathy, but not a whole lot of love. My family and even our neighbors would not have me grow up in public not knowing any better, so it was sorted then. If corporal helps, they used it. That's love. It is probably better he learned a lesson @ 15 not to dick with authority, but instead society teaches kids now if they play the system a certain way, then they are the authority... btw this is exactly what most of our inmates here have fully ingrained almost regurgitatingly. So there is a bit more to that then particular parenting strategies, which I'll get into...

Also I don't think it is simply down to what method is best to parent (spoiler: There is no one-size-fits-all). It used to be the village had more of a hand in the raising of a kid as well. We don't have that element instilled in Western culture anymore. Unless we are lucky to live inside a like-minded community. The immediate family no longer extends beyond our property. Not when Americans sue for evert mishap or ppl call the police for every greivance. Which btw is how we end up with police brutality and a police state. When we give them the jurisdiction to do whatever is necessary to clean up the community, give it time... They are meant to provide security in emergencies, but increasingly they are being used as society's whipping cord. They're happy with that policy as long as they themselves don't suffer any discomfort or pained deference.

Last edited by Maru; 09-11-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote