BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
You start getting less idealistic and more realistic when you hit 30 I reckon. And all our young people on here are hurtling towards being the "older generation" SO much faster than they all realise. When you suddenly discover that you didn't know as much as you imagined you did ten years before.
Yeah. I see that with my peers. It makes sense when most of our "adulting" is on the backend (post-college) rather than the frontend. We moved out on our own dole when we hit 20. That's very rare in some parts of the US now. It did create a major gulf between us and other people our age. I know too many people a little bit older than us who are still trying to move out. I think I read recently that more people are moving towards multi-generational homes... and so there's homes now being built with secondary kitchens/living room, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
There's just nothing funny to say about Trump anymore, all the "good" homes had already been done to death about two years ago. It's just tiresome when all jokes seem to be TRUMP LOL, surely even lefties can see that.

As for me, I've never been particularly left-leaning. Might be because I was raised with two working parents with a "want something? earn it" attitude, I dunno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Which current comedians are you thinking of?

Steven Crowder is fairly amusing, and he doesn't make racist jokes.
Yeah, I think the problem with most of the Trump jokes is they are often self-referential. The punch-line is usually an afterthought as they're mainly inside jokes, so the comedians tend to think it is funnier than it really is. The viewer is not necessarily "in" on the joke.

Everyone can relate to being screamed at by people on the internet, for instance. Or accosted with new-fangled buzzwords by total strangers who don't share their view. Or having to "conform" to a silly policy that seems like a blatant conflict...

Crowder is OK, though I think his act is struggling atm after losing some of his main people. Another guy I recommend listening to is Adam Carolla. He's a Libertarian iirc.

Bill Maher is genuinely very funny even if I don't agree with some of his opinions. He will chew out his own left-wing audience sometimes when he thinks they're being stupid. And he welcomes all kinds of folk onto his show.

Last edited by Maru; 14-11-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote