Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I forget that Tim Allen is a comedian. Home Improvement.

Tim Allen: I Like Pissing People Off. And Nothing Does More Than a Very Funny Conservative.
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/ti...gs-1202021308/

Quote:
How important is it to remind people that this show is about family, not politics?

KA: We always say that we’re a family comedy that has a conservative character at the center who has an interest in the politics of the day. But we are first and foremost a family show.

TA: I’ve always said that, certainly, relationships are politics. The political discourse between a male and female energy is politics. And children, that’s all political stuff. I like to mess around because I’ve been a standup fiery comic for 30 years. And I like pissing people off, and I said there’s nothing, especially in this area, that pisses people off more than a very funny conservative. A smart, funny conservative that takes shots and is certainly self-effacing. The left-wing point of view is so pervasive that they don’t even realize it’s a point of view. It is just a point of view. I think this character likes that, he likes to have another point of view. It makes him sharper and more interesting. But we don’t push it. I don’t think we’ve mentioned pro or con Trump once now.

Last edited by Maru; 17-11-2018 at 06:45 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote