View Single Post
Old 17-11-2018, 02:52 PM #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Well, at least the finale was fun.

I loved the opening scene with Myrtle, it's probably the first time this season that they actually got her dialogue right and Marie's cameo was fun but the whole storyline with Adina was rushed as hell tbh, the whole episode was really but I'm willing to forgive that because it was a fun episode.

I'm glad we got to see Jessica Lange again although I'm slightly confused as to why tha

t scene with Micheal played out differently since she didn't kick him out the first time around. The way Mallory dispatched him made me howl tbh.

The biggest problem with the episode was the epilogue scenes, firstly it took me a solid three minutes before I remembered who the characters were and secondly, it made no sense to have them of all people bring forth another devil child since they established that Micheal was the antichrist BECAUSE he was the result of conception between a ghost and a human. Like with the massive mistake with Myrtle's timeline earlier in the season, the writers have forgotten their own lore here and it just felt like a really meh way to end the season. If they wanted to end it on another antichrist being born, they should have ended it with Mallory and the witches at the door instead of the satanists.

I think, having watched the series as a whole, it's a heaving mess that could have easily been fixed with just a touch of editing. It wouldn't surprise me if someone ends up creating a fan edit which cuts down the first three episodes into one and puts the series into chronological order whilst fixing the timeline errors. That alone would fix the weird ass pacing. Start off where the flashbacks begin, have the bunker episodes (in this case, episode) happen as the penultimate episode and then shave the epilogue off the last episode and there you'd have a solid 7/10 season.
I think having bunker episodes with the characters under the "identity" spell wouldn't even work towards the end of the season as it's still just time filling for the sake of it.

There was no reason to spend any substantial time in the bunker with those people at all, they don't add to the story, they don't do anything interesting or of note. Just shows how they don't plan out a season and just make it as they go, which really hurts the plotting and the pacing.

They only worked kind of as they did because we didn't know anything about what was going on, the mystery around Venable and the co-operative. Having it come at the end, even if only edited into one episode, we know who they all are and what everything is so the purpose of it becomes obsolete.

Last edited by Marsh.; 17-11-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote