View Single Post
Old 18-11-2018, 02:46 PM #13
Banned

Banned

It's complete trash what they've done with BLU. It's utterly pointless and the decisions they've made with it defy logic.

They aren't trying anything different though, it's Atma/Eureka: The job except you can't do any content with this job aside from beating up mobs in the hope that the RNG will bless you with a new attack. I thought Eureka was the worst thing SE could ever put into XIV and they took the challenge and surpassed even my worst expectations.

SE have put on a masterclass on how to completely derail hype for an expansion, ain't nobody talking about Shadowbringers because everyone is mad as hell about the abomination that is BLU.

If they wanted to experiment with limited jobs, they shouldn't have picked the most requested class in the game to butcher. They should have adapted BLU to XIV like they adapted RDM, SAM and DRK. RDM certainly isn't watered down despite not being a traditional red mage, they knew hte limitations of the system and they adapted RDM to fit that and they did a wonderful job with it. XIV's take on RDM is probably my favourite of all the final fantasy games.

DRK isn't a scythe wielding DPS that uses it's own health to empower attacks yet it's still highly popular, SAM isn't a a tank. None of these jobs have been watered down whilst being adapted into XIV.

Learning blue magic by fighting monsters and seeing the attacks is a gimmick and they prioritised that gimmick above giving people what they want. There might have been some salt about not learning skills the traditional BLU way but it would be nothing compared to the saltpocalypse of having such a requested job bastardised in the way it has been. They could have easily presented that gimmick as part of the lore instead with the job quests involving you fighting monsters to learn their abilities.

I'm just completely flabbergasted by SE's incompetence and how far they've missed the mark here, I truly am.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote