Thread: Ask Cameron!
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2005, 01:49 PM #39

Quote:
Originally posted by SticksComing in late always makes one an outsider and bonding is a problem.
Having said that, neither the UK housemates nor the BBAfrica housemates could have known how long the swap was going to last - for all we knew Gaetano might have been a contender for the UK prize, or I could have been in the BBAfrica house for the duration, or both. None of the housemates could have known what the possibilities were for the new arrivals, and as far as I can see we were both welcomed openly and bonded pretty quickly. It comes down to the personality of the latecomer in many cases - not saying that Gae or I have a "better" personality than Lisa, but she maybe wasn't the best choice of person to put in at that late stage.

Even having used the UK/Africa swap suggestion, I do agree that it can't be easy being taken in later than the original 'starters' and this has been proved in the programme before. Surely though, doesn't the Africa swap suggest that it is possible for a newcomer to get further than their first possible eviction?