Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's basic politeness really. Most regular members don't want to be insulted and that's why we have a rule against it. We have to remember that most people who post on here (applies to social media also) are effectively anonymous, so if someone had a bone to pick with any of you, they would not have much ammunition.

Whereas, the ex-housemates have gone on TV and we know a lot about them (or think we do) so they are more unshielded to personal comments against them. There is an imbalance there.

Consider if someone found out something about you, in real life (like on a social media account), and you had it used against you in a conversation on a forum. You wouldn't like it.

I didn't like that either. Raph wasn't in any way controversial, as much as I remember that series.
i dont understand why you find it so much more barbaric that i called cameron a knob and hayden quoted him with a shilpa gif than the hundreds and thousands of threads on this website ripping into a housemates every move. a precedent has already been set that housemates are fair game, and with tomasz and cameron visiting the forum its not so far fetched that the housemates being talked will stumble across what has been said about them.

'Consider if someone found out something about you, in real life (like on a social media account), and you had it used against you in a conversation on a forum. You wouldn't like it.'
this is what I'm confused about because i kinda agree with it, but where was the moral objection to the countless threads this series made about housemates personal lives as revealed on this tv show? Does it not make posters in this thread, who have called out peoples vitriol to cameron, that the housemates they've ****talked might read what they have put, and be equally if not more so disheartened? why do you find people telling cameron to his face they don't like him so much more horrific than whats written about housemates by multiple posters every day in off season? did you really not cosnider the idea they might find this forum and read such threads, or is it simply because you like the person involved personally? i hope its not the latter

Last edited by Elliot; 30-11-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote