BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
In that example the person would have voluntarily put [whatever it would be] on social media for all to see, comment on, etc. for what is essentially a life discussion forum. It still wouldn't be nice if it was commented on negatively right in front of the person or directly aimed at them in another place/setting/platform.

It's the same thing on different scales. Maybe a bit of an exaggerated comparison by James but still a pretty legit comparison nonetheless.

Basically by entering BB he opened up his life to the public but that's what people do in life all the time as well, this was just for a lot more people to see and it's viewed more openly to judge them etc. because it's a show. That doesn't make it right to unnecessarily bash the person but tbf I don't think the criticism here was too bad or OTT (but idk I think some things might have been deleted so at least from what I've read).
Yeah I think quite a bit would have had to been deleted, because I'm not real sure what the "fuss" is about. I agree with all you've said here though.

Personally, I would be fine with admin adding a rule that users can't go after former contestants if they're just visiting to get in touch with fans. It would be sort of like a "Contributor" status. It's not unreasonable for there to be a consensus of basic respect if a former castmember visits and takes the time to answer questions... and we know there are plenty of people who will abuse a situation like that if given the chance. I remember because I was that 12-13-yo who joined the "mob" to "harass" Britney Spears when she visited a radio station and was posting to online folk. I came across it because she was posting on an IRC server I frequented.

I don't think that type of interaction is on the same plane as a "normal" member. Those visits are actual contributions to the site. i.e. "special content"... so there obviously could be different rules of engagement to discourage scaring away future contributors. Clearly, this is in retrospect, because Cameron already visited(?) and the show is cancelled so... (edit) obviously if they decided to integrate, then they would have to reintroduce themselves as "permanent" members...

Last edited by Maru; 02-12-2018 at 04:26 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote