View Single Post
Old 13-12-2018, 11:01 AM #150
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That didn't just spring up out of the ground, though, the propaganda of fear has been pushed and pushed every day for a decade or more to get people to this point. It was done deliberately and nefariously, chipping away at the public mindset, and the effects of that are now pretty clear. The same people who orchestrated that are heavily pro-Brexit and stand to gain in various ways through Brexit and that's no coincidence.
I agree and disagree. I agree that this has been an on-going propaganda campaign for years, but it's way longer than the last decade. However, I can't absolve people of blame for buying into it; unless the seeds were there to begin with, then bigotry doesn't flower.

You are 100% correct in those that stand to gain from this mess though. Imagine all the regulations that can be scrapped to appease more and more corporations that won't have to pay taxes, with their nice MP's as board members.

All regulations that actually protect those on the bottom rung of society are in absolute and real danger.