BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
This issue won't arise for your child, as there are already mixed wards in your hospitals. In the UK you can if you want choose to see either a male or female GP for instance, and most wards are single sex. As I have said umpteem times its self identification that I have an issue with as it open to abuse. If the person is transitioning or has transitioned I have no issue
First of all... my point was that the NEED for separate wards for gender doesnt exist...if Canada's free healthcare system can run this way...why not the NHS. There is no basic rights being violated by mixed wards.

Secondly, transitioning doesnt happen overnight. At what point would you like to declare they are transitioned? The surgery takes years of planning and meds previous and multiple surgeries... but because someone else might be "uncomfortable" with someone in transition being in a shared hospital room... that's taking the pale. They aren't at any higher risk of being violated by a transgender person than they are by any stranger of any gender sharing a room or ward with them.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote