View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 12:32 AM #93
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
They aren't at any higher risk of being violated by a transgender person than they are by any stranger of any gender sharing a room or ward with them.
And realistically, that risk is absolutely miniscule, even if there WERE hoards of men posing as women because they want to assault people. It logically fails on so many levels. First of all these people have to exist in any large number (which obviously they do not). Then they need to either somehow FAKE an illness or condition to get into a hospital ward, which is ludicrous, or perhaps just carry out an opportunistic sex attack whilst being ill enough to be a hospital inpatient .

But wait.

They also have to carry out that attack in a ward, which almost universally in the UK, have four beds per room and an open door to a staffed corridor.

And there's yet more!

The assumption is that these wards are otherwise secure. They are not. I could literally drive to the nearest hospital and walk onto a ward, for any gender, and into a room on that ward, at more or less any time, and no one would stop me.

But having transsexuals on the ward as patients? Far too dangerous!

I honestly don't think more than two seconds of snap reaction outrage goes into these opinions, it's such utter nonsense.

So... With all that in mind, it's pretty clear that the problem is not ACTUAL physical safety; it's about "safe space" and the perception / comfort of being safe (much like the women's toilets debate, with the bizarre logic that a man can't just walk into one at any time anyway).

And yes of course, everyone has the right to feel safe and comfortable, especially when ill. So what's making them feel unsafe? Is it the "presence of disguised penis"?

Or are they feeling nervous precisely because of the media hysteria, the bull****, the demonising, and people online winding each other up. Hmmm.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote