View Single Post
Old 13-01-2019, 02:03 PM #48
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
One thing I never really understood is why Leon and Claire (and Chris, Jill etc.) never catch the basic T-virus and turn into zombies when they are all bitten HUNDREDS of times during Resi 0 - 3 + Code Veronica and everyone else who gets bitten turns .

It makes more sense in Resi 4/5 and the non-normal-zombie sections of 6 where the infection is parasitic and needs to be somewhat deliberately delivered... but yeah... Leon and Claire should have been shambling about within a couple of hours

TBH It's a shame they didn't do a Resi 1 "full Resi4+ style" over-the-shoulder remake before this... it would have been awesome to eventually have all of them from 0 - 6 in the same style. Though I'm not sure if Zero, Nemesis or Code Veronica would have the popularity to justify a remake I guess . Nemesis was OK but didn't have the atmosphere of 1 and 2, and CV and Zero were a bit niche.

Anyway, just grabbing the demo on Steam just now . I'll probably play the full game on PS4 though. I've started enjoying PSN trophies for literally no reason .
It wouldn't make for a good gameplay experience, I suppose if you wanted to try to apply logic to the virus, you could say that if you don't actually die to the zombie bites that it won't turn you. The only time you see people instantly become monsters is when they tend to get injected after all, most of the zombies you see have been partly devoured.

I think another RE1 remake would be a bit much especially after the relatively recent remaster of REmake. I definitely think that Nemesis is popular enough for a remake, especially considering that RE2 is slated to do insanely well.

Given how Mr. X works in this game, the technology is already there to make Nemesis work as a persistent threat as well.

I think Zero can rot tbh, I hated that game. Code Veronica is excellent and I think it stands a decent chance when RE2 sells well.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote