View Single Post
Old 14-01-2019, 02:53 PM #57
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
REmake wasnt great though IMO. It was fine on the GameCube but the latest release felt like... a not-very-good port of a GameCube game. Because that's what it was.

I honestly can't see Nemesis or CV doing as well as 2 to be honest... They're decent enough games but neither have the same sort of iconic locations and set pieces as 1 and 2 (and 4, and even 5 in its own way).
REmake is easily the best traditional RE game and I think it's held up over the years. I don't think it's aged badly at all. It was excellent on release and it's still pretty great now. It took everything that made the original a classic and amped it up and they weren't scared to change things up either. REmake is a perfect remake.

Nemesis certainly has the potential to do well, RE2 is most likely going to be a massive success and it's likely going to result in people wanting more classic Resident Evil and Capcom is likely to listen. With Nemesis, it's less about the separate locations and more about the fact that you could finally explore Raccoon City as one of the few common complaints about RE2 was that you were only out in the city for a brief time before. Not only that but Nemesis was the first true persistent enemy that the game ever had and the only real thing standing in the way of a Nemesis remake is that Mr. X in RE2R kinda cannabilises that idea (although I suppose he was kind of the proto-Nemesis to begin with). Still, the thought of Nemesis charging after you in a RE2R style game is terrifying.

Code Veronica is more niche but the fact that it is a direct sequel to RE2 makes it more likely that it could be remade following RE2's release.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote