View Single Post
Old 22-01-2019, 09:46 PM #16
Banned

Banned

I agree with Shaun.

Nobody earns anything from short films and it's the category that has the least interest for pretty much everyone and this film's nomination would have come and gone with no bother had it not been Fergus kicking up a fuss. She has made it into a story by bringing attention to it, and, although it's going to sound incredibly harsh, I do think the timing is suspect if she's just brought out a book at the same time.

Also, to make out that it's for profit is both petty and wrong on her part, it wasn't a major film, it's not nominated for best picture. Nobody pays to see short films, they don't make money and the director wouldn't have got much attention even if the film did win. She's trying to antagonise the man and stir up a mob mentality against him by spreading falsities based on her own ignorance. She has a lot of people who listens when she speaks without question and the way she's going about this is just irresponsible.

I have sympathy for her, I truly do. No one deserves what Jamie Bulger or his family went through but she doesn't own that story. She can't censor art and she can't dictate who decides to tell the story either or how they tell it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote