Old 25-01-2019, 10:09 PM #300

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

25. Shahbaz Chaudry

Shahbaz. I don't even know where to start with this guy, I have so many opinions on him but he is easily the most ott being to have ever been cast on this show, the most insane, unpredictable, and bizarre and when this show has given people as crazy as Makosi and as OTT as Nikki, that's not an easy thing to do. I never, ever liked Shahbaz, infact the first time I properly watched BB7, I loathed him to the point where he was probably my second least favourite of the entire series...a rewatch and hindsight has made me change my mind, and I now appreciate him, but the whole situation around him is so strange and unpleasant it's hard to know what to think of it.

First off, stating the obvious, Shahbaz was bullied. End of/saskia. He was sent to Coventry, locked out, had his clothes stolen, and generally put through hell for a number of arguably the most uncomfortable few days of these three series, and honestly I DO find it compelling television...I hate what he went through and I hate how everything panned out, but when I watch that first week, I would be lying if I said I wasn't always hooked, even after seeing it before.

However, while I would never say Shahbaz brought it on himself, because no one deserves the treatment he was given, he wasn't an easy housemate to live with and I can empathise why the housemates go so annoyed by him. He was constantly performing, he threw the food away, he touched Glyn even after he asked not to be, and when challenged on this accused him of homophobia. He apparently got his penis out randomly in front of people he barely knew, which is gross and something he would be thrown out for now. Shahbaz was a wind up, and clearly mentally unstable. It's like they looked at Ahmed and Science who had worked so well as that type of housemate, and sped it p to a million. At the end of the day, I blame Big Brother - while he was a compelling housemate, he should have never been chosen, and the fact he made a suicide threat on TV proved that. The whole situation was compelling, uncomfortable, insightful and like nothing I have seen before...but it would have been best for everyone involved, if the producers had done their job and not picked him in the first place.

Last edited by Daniel.; 25-01-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote