View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 11:08 AM #22
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
There are still a great many things I agree with you on.
There were many times you altered my view on issues and made me think again.

The odd thing is.
Even on this, you and I both agree antisemitism is totally unacceptable and wholly wrong.
It has to be got rid off particularly across the whole political divide.

It needs to be done independently in my view, I now don't trust or believe Parties can themselves investigate themselves properly.
Some success will come from such investigation by the Party but not enough.

I'm a member of the Labour party, with the absolute vast majority of other Labour members, I abhor antisemitism.
If I came across anyone in Labour promoting or expressing such views, I'd report them and complain.

I don't feel constant whipping of distrust in a Party is going to help.
The vast majority of MPs, members and voters of all Parties are overall decent good people tying their best.

I completely accept and respect your intense dislike of Corbyn.
I've said all along, he is not my choice for leader although I like his policies.

I have the same intense dislike of Theresa May, as you know I have from me joining tibb.

Reading this back actually, leaves me wondering what we are arguing about .
I think much I've said there you'd possibly agree with.

I want the antisemitism issue dealt with, it should not even be an issue, it shouldn't exist or be allowed to exist as an issue.
If any Jewish families, individuals or communities feel unwelcome or he made to feel unwelcome, that is a disgrace to me.

So some is being done, as I said earlier, not enough and my hope is much more is made sure to be done, to get rid of this unnecessary and wrong element of antisemitism from politics and hopefully across the UK too.
It's good to see a conversational post from you, Joey. I am not your enemy.

I know that there are elements in the Labour party who are fighting to deal with the problem of anti-Semitism. I do feel that more should be done, and more quickly. I know that people have left the Labour party because they don'#t feel the problem is being tackled fast enough or thoroughly enough. I don't hate the Left, we need a strong opposition, whether that the Tories or Labour... and the ongoing problem of anti-Semitism is splitting the Labour party. It's not a good position for them, nor for Jewish people who are feeling let down, some of them by a party they have always voted for. So in essence, pretty much what you said.

Anyhoo... nice to converse like this.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote