View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 11:32 AM #31
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of her being our moral responsibility rather than specifically a legal responsibility. If she was raised in the UK and ended up an extremist then IMO, while it is mainly the responsibility of her immediate family and those around her, there certainly isn't a country MORE responsible for it than the one she grew up in. If we don't want her in the UK, it's presumably because we think she's potentially a risk, and what does it say about us if we go down the route of "Well we think she's a risk so we're OK with her being out there in the world being a risk to everyone else; just so long as it isn't here!"

I suppose it's like... would you be happy if an extremist born and raised in the US was in the UK, saying they wanted to leave, but the US was like "Heck no we're not having them back, you can sort it out over there."
If we're not looking at the legal implications, but looking at it morally... she's not denounced IS, she doesn't regret joining them, she said seeing decapitated heads in a bin "did not faze her"... She has shown no remorse and expects us to take her back because she's pregnant. I'd say our moral responsibility to the wider British public means that will not happen. Also, if she does come back, they will have to "radicalise" her, she'd have to be kept under surveillance... denying her re-entry sets a precedent for anyone else thinking of joining a terrorist organisation who is at war with this country and imagining they can just come back here.

Regarding the last paragraph, I wouldn't be happy that we had to feed and clothe the American, who would be in a British prison for this scenario I imagine, but I'd understand the right of the USA to strip someone of their citizenship and would expect a quid pro quo from the US.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote