View Single Post
Old 20-02-2019, 06:26 PM #30
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
No need to shhh, I talked about it in my first post in response to Nicky.
It is there all right. As is here and in any country in Europe.
As you may know I have Jewish, Polish and English ancestry and believe me, the topic is very close to my heart for personal reasons.
But things are getting better despite of all this baggage. Jewish life in contemporary Poland is thriving despite of what some would have you believe.
I'm optimistic as to the future.
The 10,000 or so Jews in Poland today are still suffering anti-Semitism. Is it getting better? Yes, I believe it is, you're right. In Poland... in the UK attacks on Jews are at a record high. My background is also Jewish, Polish, English... and German. We're such complicated, cosmopolitan people, you and I...

I think that the reason that Netanyahu made the comment in the first place probably followed Poland passing its Holocaust law, on the eve of Holocaust Memorial Day this year, making it a criminal offence carrying a prison term of three years, for anyone to say Poland was at all complicit in the Holocaust. A sh1t-storm followed, and I think it's now a civil offence rather than a criminal one... but still. Jewish groups said they'll carry on as normal until the first brick comes through the window.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote