¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

VERY WELL this list is a bit redundant now that they've chucked together S11 so quickly but I wouldn't know where to start on whether I like 75% of that cast anyway

79th Place: Kandy Ho (Season 7) - finished 10th

If you had asked me to compile this list towards the tail end of season seven or eight, Kandy would probably have placed in my bottom ten because she'd sent home two of my favourite queens and delivered so little in performance on the show

With repeated rewatches though, the hate isn't quite justified, and her lipsyncs are some of the best performances the show has seen. Eventually sent packing by Jaidynn Dior Fierce, Kandy annihilated anyone she went up against and probably did to Jaidynn too if we'd seen the full edit (the way the edit cuts away to Jaidynn just before the biggest drop in Ariana Grande's 'Break Free', and Kandy clearly jump-splits because Ariana goes 'WOoOoOOoOOOOO!' whilst Jaidynn is just body-popping). It's such a small moment of a lipsync but the ending of that performance - even though she went home - where she is whipping her ponytail around to literal EDM beats and nothing else, is sf extra and gay and breathtaking that I retroactively stan Kandy Ho.

You might still be asking why I place her this high. It might be for an off-the-show reason, but I do genuinely believe that this is - if not the best - one of the best performances from a pre-season club appearance I've ever seen. You deserve to watch this, it honestly ****s on even the likes of Kennedy and Shangela.

Unfortunately Kandy had an um... rather abrasive reaction with her fellow queens and if you get off on drag queens giving hilariously awkward and embarrassing interviews in which they throw unnecessary and shallow shade at their entire season of queens (notably not knowing "what does she do?" when asked about Ginger), then check out her Hey Qween and Look at Huh! videos on YouTube. On the season, she is best remembered for insulting Tempest DuJour about her age... and her "what the ****?" soundbite that Lee Dawson has played to death in those videos I presume someone is still watching but I have abandoned because he plays fully into the racist and body-shaming fans' hands Oh and the beard contour, obviously.

Memorable quote(s): "MOTHER DOES NOT...PLAY." Ross: "...that." Kandy: "FUCK."
Best Runway(s): 100% the Bearded Runway, where she looked like some hybrid of the kung fu guy from Kill Bill, and a Dynasty character attending a funeral.

Best Moment(s): As mentioned: definitely her 'Break Free' lipsync. Did get a huge laugh out of Ginger describing her 'Geronimo' lipsync as a playground bully about to beat the crap out of you, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote