Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Quite shocked so many people hate black and white tbh, it’s one of my favourite gens . Not a fan of gen 6 tbh I literally don’t remember anything from xy
I think it's because of Gen 6's impact on the series

Gen 5 introduced moving sprites, which were outshadowed by the introduction of 3D modelled Pokemon 3 months later
Gen 5 introduced rotation/triple battles, which were removed 6 years later
Gen 6 made competitive Pokemon battling a lot easier too, which is where some of its praise originates from
(Note how I say Gen 6 and not Kalos because... Kalos was extremely underwhelming lmao)

Gen 6's Mega Evolutions and 3D graphics are still here 6 years later while some key features of Black and White have just. Gone. Objectively Black and White have a better story but in retrospect not much of Black and White's impact is felt in the series today. And I don't mean to **** on designs but a good number of Gen 5 Pokemon were uninspired imo (see: Smithy's post. I actually like the designs which usually come under criticism, e.g. Vanilluxe and Garbador, because they are original/have very loose inspiration from other Pokemon. The Pokemon aren't necessarily badly designed IMO, just... very samey and relying on nostalgia in a sense).

That said, I think Gen 5 was a certainly needed generation for all the reasons it was criticised for (I certainly needed a soft reboot of the franchise) but it's not a concept that shoud b revisited - not for a long time, at least. And this is coming from someone who tries to exclusively use new Pokemon to the region in my playthroughs (I never rely on Pokemon introduced from previous games)
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote