View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 10:25 AM #48
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post

I was actually shocked that it was a common thing tbh I mean I've heard people say oh give them some calpol to knock them out etc but it's joking and usually when they're were teething or sick so actually needed it anyway
So was I, I was ASSUMING no one would actually be doing it and properly ranting about how irresponsible and awful it was and then 4 or 5 members were like " ... we do this" and things got a bit crazy .

I mean I think everyone does the "Oh thank god it's Calpol time! Night night!" when they have a genuinely sick kid because it's usually a break from the madness... but that's not the REASON for giving it just a helpful side effect. Giving a healthy child (or a healthy anyone to be honest) any sort of medication purely for convenience is mad in my opinion and just shows a total lack of understanding that all medications carry a risk even if it's a tiny one.

I think the McCann case suddenly fell into place for me hearing that. I always thought it didn't add up at all but I never really believed the "paedophile conspiracies" or that they deliberately killed her, and couldn't figure out why any parent would cover up a genuine accident, but the possibility of there being drugs in her system that would be discovered if there was a body is the "key" that makes it all make perfect sense. If they found her and she died in an accident, even if they were totally devastated, I think it's not just possible but LIKELY they would cover it up if they thought they would end up being prosecuted, thinking "there's nothing we can do about her being dead" and seeking to protect themselves and the rest of the family.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote