View Single Post
Old 24-03-2019, 09:29 AM #148
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Has our Vicky watched? She’s the Mccan expert
The McCann case I don't know that much about (mind have read almost all of the files and thats what made up my mind, not media headlines) though was obsessed with it at one point, not watched yet and not sure if I plan to given the reactions as tbh, I genuinely cannot see how anyone could look into it all and come away convinced of the parents innocence, which is what is apparently happening. I mean, this is off a sun story right, so not posting the link but the caption...

'Madeleine McCann Netflix viewers convinced Maddie was secretly drugged by kidnapper hours before he broke into room to snatch her'

And this seems to be echoed everywhere, sorry but this is absolutely..ridiculous to me.

Documentary appears to have been mainly spin, which is unsurprising but pretty disappointing as I do tend to find netflix documentaries more..probing than most others (exceptions exist of course, but speaking geneally). 8 hours of nonsense about burglars leaving valuables and taking a dead child, and random abductors lurking in the shadows will just annoy the hell out of me, but will probably watch at some point.

Anyway, the documentary seems to have done what it was meant to, and convinced another few people that the parents had nowt to do with it. So it did its job, also probably reopened the coffers of the fund that was running dry so maybe they will have the 30k to pay Amaral now, after trying to ruin his life because he had the audacity to say he, and the police at the time, thought it was dodgy as hell. That they dared to look at the parents first, you know, like in ever child abduction/murder...parents/family are ALWAYS the first suspects, not random shadowy pedos who might have been hanging around waiting for the parents to neglect their kids again, to look away so they could drug the girl, then come back later that night to take her

Sp yeah, not watched yet as responses sound like it would raise my blood pressure a lot. Theres a lot of odd things in this saga, but I always come back to the dogs. Those 'notoriously unreliable' highly trained dogs that everyone knows are useless and always get stuff wrong, which is of course why police use them in the first place! Along with so many of the 'they are innocent!' stories requiring so much mental gymnasics and acceptance of things that just make no sense at all (eg. the burglars accidentally killing her, then hiding her behind the sofa for a bit while they stood around arguing about what to do, then leaving cash and valuables and taking the body...umm, yeah if you say so) its unbelievable.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 24-03-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote