Thread: Joker (2019)
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 01:40 AM #29

Quote:
Joker Floors CinemaCon with Dark & Sadistic First Footage

Trailer spoilers if you can't wait until tomorrow:

Spoiler:

And from the sounds of the footage, it definitely comes on like a raging tragedy in the truest sense of the word.

The teaser kicks off with Arthur Fleck in therapy, giving Joker a real name new to the character. Phoenix says this in voiceover: "My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face. She told me I had a purpose, to bring laughter and joy to the world."

The footage cuts to Arthur bathing his mother, played by American Horror Story mainstay Frances Conroy. We then see the future clown get attacked in the streets of Gotham, and this incident appears to push him down a very dark path. Arkham hospital is shown in fleeting glimpses.Thomas Wayne is seen on TV talking about Arthur Fleck's crime spree. The City of Gotham is name dropped a number of times.

"Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?"

The trailer shows Arthur Fleck trying on different clown outfits as he attempts to discover his true Joker persona. He first dresses as a clown with a big green afro, which we've seen in some of the set photos shared by director Todd Phillips. Fleck eventually dyes his hair green, with the teaser presenting its money shot. Joker is seen in what will be his iconic villain costume. The voiceover continues.

"I used to think my life was a tragedy. But now I realize, it's a comedy."
WOW sounds incredible.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 03-04-2019 at 01:48 AM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote