View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 12:02 PM #10
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
to put it in context the new partner took the complaint to the police at the time, and we can only assume that she then followed up when the ex came out for his funeral, I don't think the authorities had a exclamation mark pop up over her name when she landed in Dubai, and deletion of the material wouldn't have helped as I would imagine they had screen shots
I don't mean delete it before going abroad; I mean delete it today and set up a fresh account and never post anything like this (even jokingly) under your full real name anywhere online again.

It's not just a "foreign country problem", the UK is headed firmly in the direction of strict internet regulation and it's not worth taking the risk of old posts coming back to haunt you. The internet was free and open 5, 10, 20 years ago and most of us who have been using it for a long time didn't expect it to go this way... and many of us were kids / teens with the internet... and posted things we wouldn't post knowing what we know now. It's not worth the risk. Burn it and start fresh with a more cautious and professional mindset; save even vaguely contentious statements for places where your real name isn't attached explicitly to every word. The era of being able to safely post whatever you want on twitter or facebook is dying, if not already dead, and there will be more and more stories like this one in our own country as time goes on.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 08-04-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote