View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 09:41 AM #106
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Chandler and Joey were the funniest and also, at their best in scenes together but while Ross had his moments he was at his funniest when they weren't making him funny (I.e. Playing it straight) and, oddly enough, Ross and Phoebe were both at their funniest in scenes together when they were played off each other (like arguing about evolution).

Ross I think is an underappreciated character but not the funniest. He's actually one of the best developed characters on the show (along with Chandler) and I sometimes think that people - when talking about him being a horrible character - maybe don't realise that the humour of the character IS how broken / affected he is.

He was the awkward unpopular guy at school who finally got a girlfriend in college and she turned out to be a lesbian making him distrustful in relationships... He finally "got the girl" and then his paranoia and insecurity wrecked that relationship too and yes from then on the character is a sad, insecure, slightly misogynistic wreck... But that's the dark humour of Ross
Agree with all of this too
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote