BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I've written about this before but when my Grandad died he promised if there was anything on the "other side", he would come back and tell me. I spent 6 months ****ting it after he died that he would be sat on my edge of my bed in the middle of the night.....but nothing.

Then when my mum was in the hospice about 24 hours before she died, the weirdest thing happened. She had been completely unresponsive for 2 days, breathing but no reaction to anything around her. She hadn't been with it for around a week but for 2 days there was nothing. However, she opened her eyes, looked into the corner.of the room, smiled and put her arms up as if she was hugging someone, she didn't look at any of us and as soon as her arms.met she was out of it again. One of the hospice nurses said similar things happen quite often with people near death and some say it's when previously passed loved ones come to "get" their spirits / souls, whatever.

Now I know.its probably some brain activity triggered by approaching death but I would love to think it was her dad coming to greet her. She died about 24 hours after that happened. My heart says there's something after, my head says there isn't.

TLDR : I'm on the fence
Fascinating read that.

So many things even from my teens I've come across has convinced me of more after human physical death.

I agree with the conflicts of mind and heart too.

However, already in my life,.I find my best decisions and how I approach issues, are the ones from my heart.

The mind is too practical and clinical mostly and often when I let my mind rule my heart.
They are my less good choices.

Great read AnnieK, thanks for posting it.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote