View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 09:08 PM #16
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Isn't it funny that when working class people vote Tory, they must have been duped into it. My experience of the working class is that they're pretty savvy and can make a judgement as well as anyone. Furthermore, having had access to the party membership records I can tell you that there are plenty of working class members. Another mistake that's made is the supposition that people who voted for Farage were all Tories... and that simply is not true.
They were duped into it because the promises that were made to lure a specific voting demographic were proven to be false... and the tories have done nothing but systematically destroy small towns and villages all across Britain through under-funding, and demonise the working poor as "lazy", for the past 10 years.

I also don't think there's any supposition that "all" Brexit party voters are Tories either - Labour are losing votes to them too - but the currently available stats show quite clearly that it's the Conservatives who are going to suffer the most from having their vote split. You can ignore the figures if you want but it doesn't change them.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote