Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Watched it last night, I loved every second of it. The acting, storyline, emotional weight, entertainment value and conclusion. It's a 10/10 masterpiece as far as I'm concerned and has surpassed the Dark Knight as the greatest Comic Book film of all time imo.

High Points

Spoiler:

The first half felt like a Mission Impossible movie and revisiting the old movies was a great way to reward long time Marvel fans as well as saying thank you for your support.

Spoiler:

Bruce Banner merging his intelligence with the Hulk to become ''Professor Hulk'' He played a bigger role in this film than I expected and I was delighted.

Spoiler:

The return of the decimated heroes of Infinity War. Everyone at the cinema was hyped af to see them return at a crucial moment when all hope seemed lost. The ''Hey, Cap, on your left'' and Doctor Strange opening the first portal- when Cap was approaching the army by himself, gave me the biggest goosebumps I've ever had at the cinema.

Spoiler:

Tony ending the Infinity Saga and his own life with the words that started it all. ''I...am... Iron Man'' His death was the saddest moment in the whole franchise as well as a perfect conclusion to his story arc. Even though I knew his death was coming, it still hit me hard.

Spoiler:

Cap, Tony and Thor vs Thanos- The best fight in the whole MCU franchise by a long shot. Words can't even explain how awesome this was. I loved every second of it- it was amazing watching the teamwork between the 3 friends, bits like Thor intentionally amping Tony's suit with his lightning, Thor dual wielding Mjolnir and Strombreaker, Thanos kicking their asses, and of course I loved seeing Cap being worthy enough to finally pick up Mjolnir and start going to work on Thanos. The choreography for Mjolnir + Shield wielding Cap was breath-taking and it was excellent watching him do combos like throwing his shield, then throwing Mjolnir at the shield to make a shockwave behind Thanos and so on. The screams and cheers at that scene is a moment I'll never forget.

The only 4 minor flaws I had with it are

Spoiler:

Fat Thor. Pre fat Thor was badass, serious and powerful. I was really hoping he would be similar to his Infinity War role. But after he kills Thanos very early on, he just... retires?

Spoiler:

While I enjoyed Hulk's role in the film and he was a major highlight, I was a little disappointed that he didn't get a rematch with Thanos. No matter what the outcome would've been, I was hoping he would redeem himself after the massive beating he received in IW. He also didn't turn into World-breaker which saddened me a little.

Spoiler:

Captain Marvel- WTF happened to her? She's only in the film for like 20 minutes. She played a key role early on in the film, then disappears for an hour and a half and shows up during the final battle.

Spoiler:

The overall tone of the film was inconsistent. I like witty MCU humour but It felt out of place at times. There wasn't any need for comic relief moments from Thor and Hulk. I would've preferred less comedy in a movie with a serious theme like Endgame.

Overall, I love this film and it's the best time I've ever had at the cinema.
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote