View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 06:34 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
We'll await Epic's knowledge on this conundrum
I'm screaming, I made this exact thread like a year and a half ago as well . The only real difference was me just asking about Kemal/Orlaith.

Anyway even though Science is one of my all time favourite housemates, his blaze of glory last week of him arguing with every single housemate and being the central focus of the week, barely ever in any positive light, really geared him to go. And although he was one of the favourites to win and Orlaith was the favourite to be evicted, each HL show that week kept tipping the scales more and more until a beloved housemate unceremoniously left over one of the whiniest, draining, boring housemates out there. </3

Kemal was one I was much more confused about, at least at the time. I just didn't think the bitching about Orlaith was that major given how much of that was already taking place in that series. But nevertheless, it was very sharp and specific bitching on his end. Unlike Derek, he did act like he got on with Orlaith when she was around, which put a few off him. But while bitching about her was one of the reasons I received when making this thread, an answer I found just as understandable was simply that voting for Orlaith would be a waste of money at that point; she continuously made it explicitly clear that if she survived against Kemal, she'd walk the next day, so subconsciously why would the voters find it worth it to use their money on someone who claims they'll leave anyway? They could basically get rid of 2 housemates by only voting for 1. At that point, Orlaith practically wasn't even a housemate either. And like Science, Kemal was another polarising big character who's always gonna have a 50/50 chance in a VTE, and for those two it really was.

I'm still annoyed at what she actually caused. I know Orlaith's quitting thankfully gave us Kinga's random debut, but it still would've happened if she had just walked during the week her and Science were up, thus cancelling the eviction and we could even had Kinga sooner. I still think there's a scenario where we would've had a final week of any five of Makosi/Derek/Kemal/Science/Craig/Kinga alongside a horrified Anthony at the living nightmare he's stuck with<3
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote