BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I mean as awful as this episode is, I just can't say it isn't entertaining. When Dany is trying to kiss Jon and he's like "N... no... hmm... I don't know... maybe? Err... m... MAYBE? ... Ewwwww nah I just can't, this is gross Aunty Dany "

[edit] I'm also reading this scene differently this time; I don't really buy the "woman scorned" argument now, I think what they're trying to get at in this scene, is that Dany has realised that the people will never let her "rule with love" on her own and she's actually trying to see if there's still a chance for her and Jon to be together, as they could rule together and have the love of the people (she could use his popularity to make herself loved, basically) and when it becomes clear that it's just not a possibility any more, she resigns herself to the "path of fear".

With that in mind... thinking about the surrender... it's not enough for Daenerys to be able to take the throne through fear. By allowing the surrender with very little bloodshed, the people would still be likely to rally behind Jon Snow when they find out about his claim to the throne, and thus if she wants the throne she HAS to burn the city. She has to make people utterly terrified. And then the scene where the bells ring and Dany looks tearful and full of rage can be interpreted not as her "snapping" and deciding that she just wants to burn everyone, but steeling herself to doing it even though she DOESN'T want to kill innocents. She's closing herself off to it, because she believes so strongly that she has to take the throne, that it's become a necessary evil (in her mind)... and she's actually pained by every minute of it?

I reckon if I'm right, the problem with the show vs the books (as well as it being rushed) is the lack of internal monologue. Her thought process can be explained in book form... it can't on screen.
The only problem there is that there's probably no KL inhabitants left to rule after her rampage

But yes your version would make more sense but they needed to be more clear on her thought process. I suppose they could still do that in the final episode

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote