View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 06:09 PM #223

Hopefully!!

I'm going to try and avoid spoiler reviews and just ready the general ones, I want to know the plot. I even wrote up a plot idea I had the other day (saddo ), possibility:

Spoiler:

Quote:
My theory is all to do with "the price of fame".

So this movie begins like the teaser trailer did in black and white with Cliff and Rick being interviewed on the set of "Bounty Law", they're really successful, Western TV shows are booming and very popular. Cut to a few years later, they're struggling as the industry is rapidly changing, they can't get work outside of what they're "known for", which is speedily going out of fashion as the 60's draws to an end. Rick wants to be this big A-Lister but can't get any work because he's seen as this washed-up cowboy TV star of years gone by and is stuck doing these Westerns that nobody wants to watch anymore.

These TV shows are filmed at... Spahn Ranch, where the Manson Family lives. Through working there, they encounter Manson and co (I see Cliff being very into the whole lifestyle of the family, he seems pretty hippie-ish so could possibly be the big connection to Manson, friends/party pals maybe) and long-story-short, find out what they're plotting to do at Tate's house which is coincidentally next door to where Rick lives up on Cielo Drive.

The line between fiction and reality begins to blur for him. Leo's character, who over the course of the movie is becoming more and more depressed, miserable, desperate etc, obsessed with becoming this big star, sees this opportunity to intercept the Family at Tate's house, lures them in and kills them in what he believes is his "big moment" that will make him a name that will go down in history. If this was a movie, he'd be the hero. He takes various steps in preparation for his "big role" - combat training with Bruce Lee, for example.

This does happen, he becomes a name never to be forgotten and massacres Manson and co in typical bloody, brutal Tarantino fashion (maybe Cliff gets killed too) but Sharon is spared her life anyway... However, he's now also a mass murderer and he ends up in prison at the end of the movie (or even death row) as there's not enough evidence to prove that the Family were out to kill that night or something along those lines.

He's now "infamous".

Movie ends with montage shots of Rick in his prison cell being interviewed by the SAME GUY that interviewed him and Cliff at the start of the movie, this time thought the questions are about reality and not fiction on the TV show. As they talk, Sharon is shown maybe with her son at home happy or perhaps winning an acting award, "what should have been". Movie fades out...

Last edited by LaLaLand; 18-05-2019 at 06:09 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote