¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Donna Tartt is probably my favourite, she's only released 3 novels in like 30 years but all of them are some of my favourites of all time (The Secret History, The Goldfinch & The Little Friend).
David Nicholls - I particularly loved 'Us' and 'One Day' but I've also read Starter for Ten, and have been meaning to read 'The Understudy' for a while.
I loved Stieg Larsson's Millennium Saga and David Lagercrantz is doing well with it in lieu of Larsson's death
I'll also keep an eye out for future Anthony Doerr novels... 'All the Light We Cannot See' was perhaps my favourite novel of all time, absolutely beautiful story.
Jessie Burton's on a 2/2 streak for me as well, The Miniaturist was brilliant (and made for BBC TV last Christmas, or the one before) and I liked 'The Muse' too.

More historically... I love most of Kafka's stories with the exception of the Trial which I just found frustrating Metamorphosis is excellent, though, and there was a collection of short stories I loved.
Truman Capote's two novels I've read are both great (ICB, Breakfast at Tiffanys)... Oscar Wilde is god incarnate... and I've been on a James Baldwin binge lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote