POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Default Rory Stewart for next PM

He sounds great! Here are some snippets from an article:

Quote:
His blueprint – should he become leader – would include:

Saving Britain’s local post offices by keeping government subsidies going and making them more ‘entrepreneurial’;

Abolishing ‘offensive’ hospital parking charges;

Taking on firms such as Amazon in a bid to save the high streets;

Stripping honours from people like Sir Philip Green;

Improving sluggish broadband speeds for rural areas.
Quote:
‘I want to do something very radical on business rates. I think it is grossly unfair that Amazon is not on a level playing field with our local shops and we’ve got to solve that. They are making a colossal amount of money in this country, they are paying very little tax compared with their underlying profits and they are not paying business rates basically,’ he said.
Quote:
He said: ‘If you are looking for one thing that can transform the GDP of rural areas almost overnight, it is super-fast broadband.

‘If you are looking for one thing that can transform healthcare for people living in remote areas, it is super-fast broadband.’ Mr Stewart said that as a backbencher he led the first big debate on transforming rural mobile coverage.

He added: ‘I pushed Cumbria to become one of the first four pilots on rural broadband.

‘I worked so closely with community broadband networks, with British Telecom to try to revolutionise that.

‘And I am so frustrated that nine years on we aren’t there. It is an absolute no-brainer.’

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote