Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Default My first novel progress / updates...

I feel like I need motivation to write my novel that I have been slowly planning for like four years now. I only really put ideas down on paper about just less than a year ago now. I have a strong belief in the story, its premise and the characters have really come to life. What has stopped me is that I feel as though I haven't read enough to become a good writer so I don't know if my writing is up to scratch. As some of you know I used to write songs but that is completely different obviously and, my songwriting has taken a hit since I started this project. I also have to consider the fact that this is planned as a series of five books so I need to plan those in advance (if only vaguely) before I can even start writing this. Plus this is a children's / young adult fantasy novel so there is a great deal of world-building involved and research that needs to go into that but I won't bore you with details.

Whilst I am incredibly secretive about the title and plot etc... I want to post updates here as to where I'm at even if for my own motivation. Now that I have finished university I feel as though I can start properly now that I don't have other things to write about.

At the moment I have all the chapters planned out and an idea for each chapter plus most of the main characters. I also have the titles for all 5 novels and an idea about what happens in each of them. It's strange because the third in the series is my absolute favourite yet I haven't begun writing the first so that's a weird feeling. Wish me luck!
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote