View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 01:30 PM #19
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Damn this looks good

Gaming is starting to look exciting again. I know I'm not the most well-versed on the subject but I don't think there's been anything new or interesting since... Dishonored? TLOU? So a good 5 years.

Every semi-promising teaser and trailer seems to have built up to disappointment since then
*ahem* Nier: Automata (although to be fair I acknowledge that it's niche) and also MGS: Phantom Pain would have been up there had it actually been finished, the quite glaring fact that the third act was incomplete is a major issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
So just **** god of war then i guess
I'm immensely enjoying the story and the combat and puzzling is great fun... but... there's nothing particularly new there? Combat-with-a-li'l-buddy has been done, exploring and puzzling has been done, over-the-shoulder melee+ranged has been done A LOT...

Similarly, I loved Spider-Man this past year, and Persona, I had a great time with them, but Spider-man was by the numbers open-world Superhero done very well and Persona 5 is obviously just the lastest iteration of the classic Persona gameplay loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
Horizon zero dawn
Half-way on this one; I loved the game (my first ever platinum), ADORE the lore (first game I've played in ages where just reading a datapad or hearing an audio log about the history of the apocalypse was as good as the game itself) and I thought a lot of the combat was hugely innovative, but overall it was pretty standard 3rd person open world questing.

Plus all of these are 2018 and earlier, 2019 has been dry as a bone for gaming. I agree that there's finally some exciting stuff coming up worth getting hyped for . ML2022 obviously but also, games.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 10-06-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote