View Single Post
Old 14-06-2019, 01:53 PM #27
-

-

Honestly I don't know how anyone can even attempt to justify something like this. Can it even be debated? The mindset required to even for a moment think that it's appropriate to house anyone - let alone children - in an ex internment camp is so twisted that it's like arguing against a brick wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I never understand those berating parents for wanting a better life for their kids. I know I would do it, if in the situation, and fairly sure near all others would too. No way is someone going to sit and think 'well my kids couldhave a decent education, be safer and looked after etc, however the people in that country would not be happy so of course I won't go'
It's a bizarre slice of cognitive dissonance... the idea that parents seeking a better existence for their children in a wealthier country are somehow acting immorally. Is there anything less immoral than risking your liberty, and your life, for a better life for your family??

But of course as I say cognitive dissonance because we all know that the people who are firmly against people from elsewhere doing this, would be first in line at the docks if the UK somehow became a warzone. Yet people actually deny this flat out. "No I'd stay in my home and starve because it's the right thing to do " - or - "Well I'd go but I'd stop at the first safe country even if it was a freezng cold, dirty, temporary camp!". Utter BS.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 14-06-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote