View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 09:21 PM #109
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I can't stand Jo Brand, but she did nothing wrong here. However, I have no sympathy for her because, instead of coming to the defence of people like Carl Benjamin for telling jokes, she used her platform on the BBC programme "Have I got news for you" to join in the hate and denouncement towards him.

She's a massive hypocrite of the highest order.

But she should be free to tell her her rubbish joke, told from a place of hate in her heart.
I think it's silly to compare the two. Jo Brand is a comedian who was on a comedy show who told an edgy joke. Carl Johnson is a youtuber who rose to prominence by talking about Gamergate and political issues, he is also a failed politician. He tweeted 'I wouldn't even rape you' to Jess Phillips. He sent a message to her, saying that.... He also opposes any and all feminism and has blamed it for various mass murders committed by men. I'd say he's got plenty of hate in his heart yet you seem to be defending him by drawing up a false comparison between the two to vindicate him at her expense. Why is that? Can you explain why you aren't ccriticising him to the extent you've criticised Jo Brand here if you consider their comments comparable?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote