Thread: EastEnders 2019
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 09:33 PM #1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
They had that big storyline with Lucas being a serial killer that went on forever

I’m just over the generic, ‘oh this ones a bit dark, let’s make him a psycho’ or ‘they get into trouble and can’t get themselves out of it’

If they could do it without being boring, generic and one big repeat, then I’d be okay with it, but I don’t have faith under the current circumstances
Oh, yeah, I know. I just mean, unlike Corrie and Hollyoaks, especially, EE doesn't tend to do them. I think Lucas is literally the only serial killer bar maybe Nick Cotton who killed several people but over several decades.

Currently, I agree, I think it's best to steer clear serial killer or otherwise as we already have Ben, Bobby, Max, Stacey, Phil, Ian etc all with blood on their hands from murders and being accessories etc. All the murders in recent years have done nothing but damage.

It also might make the writers a little bit more imaginative with exits etc.

The idea to move the Carter's from loan shark/psycho stalker stories and immediately into more relatable family drama that can also be dramatic and entertaining is the sort of thing I want them to do more.

Having said that, their attempt at doing it with Stacey and Kush currently is irritating beyond belief. But I'll bite my tongue so as to not offend Our Cal.

Last edited by Marsh.; 18-06-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote