View Single Post
Old 22-06-2019, 12:58 PM #34
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
I've had pedestrians yell at me when I am on the road (which i only am unless it's a shared cycling pedestrian walk way) that I shouldn't be on the road, I should be on the side walk.
People who don't cycle rarely know or understand the rules, and the rules change from city to city on what it is legal for a cyclist to do. Drivers we share the road with don't understand either and it leaves cyclist the most vulnerable.
Those same people who were moaning about you being on the road when they were driving, would then moan about you using the pavement instead of the road if they happened to be walking somewhere Cyclists really cannot do right for doing wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
My copy of the Highway Code says "give way pedestrians at all times". The Highway Code applies just as much to cyclists to car drivers or motorcyclists. If cyclists had to be insured, his burden wouldn't have been so heavy.
Well yes, but its slightly unreasonable to expect drivers/cyclists to see into the future and know that some idiot is about to step literally right infront of them, not giving any time to even attempt to slow down

And yes, I am calling myself an idiot too also, given a similar thing happened to me.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote