View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 08:38 PM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The issue that LadbrokesCorals has is that they specifically opened machine-oriented shops. There has always been a restriction of 4 machines per shop so in heavy traffic areas (for example, around transport hubs in cities) where there was ALREADY a shop, they were opening MORE shops (sometimes 4 or 5 within 2 mins walk of each other) that were specifically for rush-hour FOBT play and took next to nothing over the counter. The bulk of those shops are now worthless and will close, with one or at most two shops in a "cluster" staying open.

If anyone's interested as to why the losses are smaller than originally predicted:

It's because many people who were habitual "smaller stakes" Roulette players were successfully transitioned onto £2 slots in the 6 months prior to the stake restriction with targetted marketing and offers, and the really heavy "£100-a-spin" players were incentivised to bet OTC (over the counter) on Greyhounds and Horses (especially virtuals).

The biggest problem gamblers were monitored and targetted by name with specifically tailored packs. Toxic AF. Actually the final nail that made me determined to leave (and become a vocal critic of) the industry.

That a very interesting insight

Now they pay
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote