¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

44th Place: Trixie Mattel (Season 7, All Stars 3) - finished 6th and 1st (allegedly) respectively

Another placement that I'm sure will disgust some, but hear me out: Trixie sucked at Drag Race. She's great at other things. Before we address those good things, though: a list of reasons why she doesn't beat the likes of Alexis Mateo or Tatianna in my rankdown. In season seven she was already one of the strong fan favourites and I couldn't really understand why; she bombed at pretty much all of the challenges she featured in and her only good episode was the comeback "conjoined twins" challenge with her "good evening, distinguished panel of judges " moment. She was easily outshone by stronger comedic talent (Katya in the 'Tan With You' episode, Ginger in the 'EGGS EGGS EGGS' episode) and just didn't really know how to land a punchline or steal a scene. Her entrance line for Season 7, too, was pretty much an unfunny copy of Courtney Act's "is this America's Next Top Model? no? ok -walk out-" from the season directly before

"This isn't Maury Povitch?"

You'd have thought, coming back into All Stars as one half of the most beloved Drag Race duo of all time, she'd have managed to seal a convincing challenge win or two - especially when there are two winners for each challenge. Instead, she TANKED impersonating RuPaul in Snatch Game, was visibly frustrated and unable to finish a line when paired with Milk in the Bitchelor episode (and I'm sorry, but even if she wasn't interrupted by a rabid Milk, she wouldn't have defeated Kennedy or Dela that week. Not by a mile.), put in a pleasant but bland performance of her song 'Moving Parts' in the talent show (that could've gone either way, really, but when you had Aja and Kennedy slamming the ground, Dela doing a great burlesque routine, and Bebe losing her wig, it was never going to steal the show), and only really managed to pick up two arbitrary wins for performances I cannot even recall. One was for that horrific Drag Wedding acting challenge that she pretty much only won by virtue of "not being Kennedy, Bebe or Morgan", and the other was for that disaster of a Warhol Ball that was judged...bizarrely, and the other??? It wasn't for IQ Kitty, I know that much.

Trixie also has the honour of losing the most lipsyncs of all time on the show, against Pearl, Ginger, Bebe, Shangela and Kennedy in the final. And she had the Roxxxy verse in Kitty Girl and I won't hear otherwise. "Long thick legs a tarantula"? Please.

THAT SAID... Trixie is obviously a superstar off the show and has proven herself to be one of the funniest, most captivating queens. 95% of her fanbase might be the annoying rabid fangirls I try to dissociate myself from ASAP, but it's hard to deny that she's actually the glue of the webseries 'UNHhhh' and comes up with most of the best one-liners and steers the conversation away from Katya mentioning something about tube-socks of lunchmeat, or the movie Contact, again. Musically, too, Trixie has broken the mould and released (so far) two albums of strong, personal and emotional material that have been a world away from the usual Drag Race Alumni fodder.

TLDR: Trixie sucked at Drag Race but is one of the funniest queens to emerge from the show, and someone who I'll watch religiously from now on.

Memorable quote(s): "Milk, your talent can't be Velcro. "
"Oh my god, get out of my station"
Best Runway(s): It'd have to be something from All Stars and I think I'll opt for either the 'Red Runway' (that latex dress with an apple on top of some books on her head) or, more convincingly, her Flowers runway
Best Moment(s): Challenging Acid Betty to a fight in the parking lot at the Season 8 finale

Remaining queens
Acid Betty - Adore Delano - Alaska - Alexis Mateo - Alyssa Edwards - Asia O'Hara - Bebe Zahara Benet - Bendelacreme - Bianca Del Rio - Bob the Drag Queen - Chad Michaels - Coco Montrese - Courtney Act
Darienne Lake - Detox - Eureka - Ginger Minj - Jinkx Monsoon - Jujubee - Katya - Kennedy Davenport - Latrice Royale - Manila Luzon - Mariah - Monet X Change - Monique Heart - Nina Bo'nina Brown
Nina Flowers - Phi Phi O'Hara - Raja - Raven - Roxxxy Andrews - Shangela - Sharon Needles - Shea Coulee - Stacy Layne Matthews - Tammie Brown - Tatianna - Thorgy Thor - Trinity the Tuck - Willam - Yara Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote