View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 07:03 PM #86
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If this was actually about accents or something then they would have requested an english doctor, they asked for a white doctor so there's no doubt that they were motivated by racism.
Yup.

And tbh, from my experience, 'english' doctors have not really been easier to understand than foreign ones. I have in the past been sent people with very strong accents, and the likes of very strong Scottish or Irish I tend to not understand very well (though Irish, regardless of me being able to understand or not I could listen to all day!). Also one of the GPs in my surgery is English, and from the same area as me but tends to bloody mumble all the time and speak really really fast at others. The amount of 'pardon?!'s I have to do when seeing her is insane really. White would also mean he could be sent, for example a Polish or Russian doctor too, which could maybe not be that easy to understand either depending. And of course, he could be sent a black english doctor too. So yeah, definitely about racism rather than wanting someone he could understand tbh.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 07-07-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote